When I got back from Hongkong, many asked:
“Where did you stay? How much is it per night? Expensive?”
I believe, “accommodation in HongKong is expensive” has become a known fact.
To be honest, to find budget stays in, HongKong -one of the most expensive cities in the world, is rather difficult. But, I am here to share with you a few affordable yet decent hotels around Hong Kong that I’ve found during my last trip.
#1 Hotel Mini, Causeway Bay – from HKD418/night
Address: 8 Sun Wui Rd, Hong Kong
Phone: +852 2537 4941
What I love about this hotel?
– Hipster hotel lobby; the coffee machine, the swing chair & those quirky wall posters.
– White themed minimalist hotel that is new, modern, crisp & clean.
– FREE Wi-Fi. & well equipped facilities.
Indeed, small but compact.
– Amazing location, located in the heart of Hongkong. 8mins walk to Causeway Bay MTR, which can literally bring you to almost everywhere in Hongkong.
– Shopping: With a name synonymous with shopping, HK’s largest shopping mall, Times Square is just 2 mins walk away.
– Food: The famous DinTaiFung is just 2 mins walk away.
– Night life (bars): As a popular centre of nightlife in HK, you will find Mamoz with perfect night view in just 5mins walk away.
There is also a coffee shop right below for my morning coffee fix.
#2 The Charterhouse, Causeway Bay – from HKD500/night
Address: 209 Wan Chai Rd, Hong Kong
Phone: +852 2833 5566
What I love about this hotel?
– They have just upgraded their rooms!
White themed room (similar to Mini Hotel, but BIGGEERRR).
– Signature rooms;
which defines LUXURIOUS living with more floor space with complimentary business center.
– FREE wifi. & well equipped facilities – including GYM!
– FREE phone during your stay, with free local calls and data.
– Good HK style buffet lunch. It’s not your ordinary Malaysian’s buffet, they have delicious egg tarts, braised pork and legit hongkong kailan.
– Location is equally good! Located at the centre of wanchai & causeway bay!
Besides, if you’re planning to stay in Hongkong for some time, & looking for a long term stay, I believe the below 2 will be a good fit.
#1 Stanley studio, Stanley
– Special Monthly Rate: HK$5,000 (60 – 120 sq.)
* Tenants who sign one year contract or above can get 20% discount of the rental.(Special promotion for the period until August 2016)
Address: No. 2 Tung Tau Wan Road, Stanley, Hong Kong Central
Phone: (852) 3793 3793
I stayed here for 2 nights, and I enjoyed my stay in this quaint village with luxurious bliss away from the hustle bustle of downtown Hong Kong.
What I love about this service apartment:
– Similar to mini hotel, the lobby is one of the HIPPEST!
– BRAND NEW SERVICE APARTMENT with dreamy white blinds & walls with minimalist furniture.
– FREE Wi-Fi. & well equipped facilities
– The tenants are very friendly. You will almost certain to be greeted with smile when you walk out of the room.
– Located right beside the St. Stephen’s Beach.
– Walking distance to 7-11. (the staff here are extremely friendly, I walked there continuously 2 nights & had a good chat with them.)
– Easy access to the city. Green mini bus no.40 to causeway bay is available at 10mins intervals.
– 7 mins walk to Stanley Plaza – you will find Mcd & Starbucks here.
#2 Apple dorm, Sham Shui Po
– monthly rates is starting from HK$3000 – inclusive of water, electricity and management fee.
Address: 129 Connaught Rd W, Hong Kong
Phone: +852 3462 3333
What I love about this dorm:
– Indeed small, but very cozy & inviting.
– Air condition-ed (trust me, this is important especially during summer at HK!)
– Spacious open air rooftop deck with comfy chairs and spectacular HK city & harbour view.
– WIFI & maid service provided FOC. Helpful staffs that’s very helpful in keeping the place clean.
– Dragon centre (food & shopping), just across the road.
– Easily accessible – 10mins walking distance To Sham Shui Po Station (Exit C 2)
If you are aware of how high the properties price in HK is, then you will know this is a steal!
That’s all for now. It’s after visiting all these places, I started to believe that there’s truly cheaper alternatives exist in Hongkong, that offer an equally good comfort & quality.
Do check them out if you plan to visit Hongkong!
MY FAV. SPOTS IN HONGKONG